5. While drawing a network installation in the plan view how can I see the rest of the
installations at the same time?
Using the “Applications Layer Management” we can enable more than one installations
( from the window that will appear) so as to control them completely.
6. Having selected an installation in AutoNET (e.g. Twin Pipe System) the icons of the
corresponding application do not appear on the screen. What should be done?
You have to run the “menu” command from the command line.
7. When I draw an horizontal section and I want to connect it with a vertical line
which type of snap do I have to use?
The vertical snap so as additional vertical sections that may cause problems in “Net
Recognition” won’t be created.
8. Since the hydraulic receptors have already been drawn in the architectural plan
views, how can I determine them (so as the program recognizes them) without having to
redraw (select) them?
We are able not to put the whole receptor, if in the architectural plan view the
receptor already exists (has been drawn from the architect). However enabling the sign
“Touch Points Only” from the upper menu of the receptors’ selection window, only the
valve (contact point) of the receptor will be selected, in order to put it in the
9. In order to make an estimation of the accessories of the pipes of an installation
how do I have to determine or draw their plan views?
The program recognizes itself the elbows and the tees from the way of the pipes (and
updates immediately the calculations environment), so it is not needed to put elbows and
tees, except if we want to be shown in the diagram. Since there are accessories (e.g.
valves etc.) we have to draw them in the plan view and we have to remember to enter them
in the counting catalogue independently.
10. When I select “Net Recognition” I observe that some of the receptors have not
been counted. What is happening?
The corresponding receptors are not connected to the network, so you have to check
where the connection has not been done properly and then press “Net Recognition”
11. When I select “Net Recognition” I observe that a section of the network does
not have the color that had before. What is happening?
The corresponding section of the network it not connected to the network. We connect it
or we select “Break at selected point” at the point of connection with the other pipe.
12. Can I change the font and the size of the counting of the servers that appear after
the “Net Recognition”?
The counting of the servers is done with the font 4MS1 from the program. If you want to
change the size and the type of the font, then from the Autocad open the NODE.DWG file and
modify the attributes of the block
13. Can I move or turn the counting of the nodes/receptors of the “Net
The movement is done easily with the grips of the Autocad. The turn of the number is
done with the DDATTDEF command of the Autocad, if it about a number only. The turn of the
number could be done more easily using the CAN command (or from the menu of PLUS, using
the Text subselections). Thus, if we want to change the corner of the text of the counting
for some of the receptors or accessories we select the “PLUS” from the “Text->
Change Numeration” and it asks for the “Text Height” that we want to be written in
the counting of the receptors or accessories that we will select afterwards. (e.g. (CNA
45) to turn 45 degrees). Then the program asks to select the receptors or the accessories
that we want to change their height of letters or their height of counting. If we want to
select all of them, in the “select objects” options we type/press ALL. Bear in mind
that if we change the corner of the counting this will remain the same if we do “Net
14. Where is the terminology of vertical diagrams based when these are created
automatically by the program?
The vertical diagrams that are produced with the command “Create” are automatically
assigned a name of the format <NAME>XV.DWG, where <NAME> is the name of the
project, X the character that determines the application (e.g. M for single pipe system, Y
for hydraulics etc.) and V the constant character “V”. For example if we have
determined the project TEST1, the vertical diagram of the single pipe system will be
automatically named as TEST1MV.DWG.
15. In which files on the disk the libraries of the drawings and the libraries of the
various applications exist?
The drawing libraries of the X Applications are located in the folder
\AFINE14\LIBS\DWG\DBX. For example for the single pipe system (and for twin pipe system)
where X=C the drawings are located in the folder \AFINE14\LIBS\DWG\DBC,and they have the
C1_a??.DWG, for the accessories’ drawings 1,2,3,..,?? etc.
GC3_a??.DWG, for the objects’ drawings 1,2,3,..,?? etc.
GC3_c??.DWG, for the connection points of the receptors 1,2,3,..,?? etc.
It is reminded that the libraries of the numerical database of the application X are
located in the folder \4M\LIBS\DATAF\DBX*.*, e.g. for the single pipe system in the folder
16. I am trying to print with the parameters that I have already set (pens etc) and the
printer ignores these parameters (it uses the default values of the printer). What do I
have to do?
I check if in the “Device and default selection” the “Default System Printer”
is set, so I have to remove it and set it as “System Printer”.
17. What do I have to take into consideration when printing in a specific scale?
In the window of print/plot configuration, in the scale of drawing configuration, I
have to type in the Plotted mm= Drawing Units:
1000=50 for scale of 1:50
1000=100 for scale of 1:100
1000=200 for scale of 1:200
18. How do I print with Autocad 2000?
There are 2 ways to print in AutoCAD 2000. We describe the one that looks like the way
of printing in the older versions of AutoCAD. Firstly our printer should be selected
either as System Printer or as plotter through AutoCAD (Option “My Computer” in
In order to print we have to make the following steps:
- We choose the command File/Plot.
– We select "Plot Device" and then "Plotter configuration" and in
the "Name" sign we choose our plotter.
– In the sign "Plot Style Table" we choose acad.ctb for color printing ή
monochrome.ctb for black and white printing. Using the "Edit" command on the
right, we set the colors of the printing and the thickness of the line( for each color
that we select in the left column, we assign a color for printing in the right column
where color is written). The sign "Use object color" means that each color of
the drawing will be printed in the same paper. In the menu of the "Edit" command
and in the option "Lineweight" we set the thickness of the color that we have
already selected from the left column.
– From the "Plot" menu we select "Plot Settings". Like in previous
versions of Autocad we choose (Paper size), we select units (mm), orientation (Portait ή
– We check the "Plot options" in the lower right corner so as the option
"Plot with plot styles" to be enabled.
- With the commands Full Preview and Partial Preview (in the lower left corner) we are
able to see the section of the drawing that will be printed to the paper.
– Press “OK” to start printing.
19. While an application is running the message “Runtime error 216” appears on the
screen and the program does not load. What should be done? What should be done?
The program does not recognize the key (Hasp). Make sure that the hasp is inserted
properly in one of the parallel ports (LPT1, LPT2). Afterwards and if the problem does not
cease to exist run the “Winhasp” application which is located inside the 4M folder. In
the successive windows that appear press Install, Yes, Install, OK and Close. Finally,
shut down and restart your computer.
20. Is the program capable to use fonts smaller than 8 e.g. (at the titles of the
Yes. At the Fonts dialogue (that appears if you press the right button of the mouse),
at “Size” we write the fonts size if we want this to be smaller than 8 (8 is the
smaller size that is included in the list).
21. How can I do “Delete Row” or “Add Row” in the calculation sheet?
You can erase a row by pressing <Ctrl>&<Del> and you can interrupt a
row by pressing <Ctrl> & <Ins>
22. While printing some pages are printed normally while some others contain
incomprehensible characters. However in print preview the pages appear to be normal. Why
is that happening?
The font used does not have the corresponding sizes of characters in order to print. In
order to solve this problem use another font type or another font size of the same font
type. It is reminded that the type of font can be changed from the corresponding window by
pressing the right button of the mouse